[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla's Wireless Power Transmission ==> was Re: Non-tech Qu

My response to Bill Wysock is:
RIGHT ON!

For those who do not agree, please take the time to read Tesla's
OWN account of what he was trying to achieve. It can be found in
the book "Nikola Tesla On His Work With Alternating Currents and
Their Application to Wireless Telegraphy, Telephony, and
Transmission Of Power" Edited by Leland I. Anderson, published
by Sun Publishing, Denver Colorado. I purchased my copy from the
Tesla Book Company, PO Box 121873 Chula Vista, CA  91912 phone number
1-800-393-2056. The book was published in 1992 and is about 200 pages
long.

This book is not ABOUT Tesla: It is a TRANSCRIPT of a pre-hearing
interview between Tesla and his legal counsel in 1916. Read it and you
will see that Tesla was ADAMANT about his method of power transmission
NOT being based on Hertzian waves.

The astute student of Tesla's notes and writings and articles and
patents will see that Tesla was absolutely convinced that he had
discovered something of great value that would allow him to transmit
large quantities of power with little loss.

Tesla's giant tower at Wardenclyffe was NOT designed to hurl
lightning. In fact he went to a great deal of trouble to make sure
he could generate tremendous electrical pressures WITHOUT having
streamers. The topload on the coil was designed to suppress streamers
and allow him to build up very high electrical pressures. Take a look
at his ground system! He put as much work into the ground system
as he did into the topload. It was humongous! The ground system
was his great FOOTHOLD so that with the giant topload he could
create a mighty PUSH into the atmosphere. Look at his patents on
conducting immense currents using rarified gas as the conductor.
Look at his patents on the system of 4 tuned circuits. Read what
he himself said. When you read Anderson's book you are struck by the
fact that Tesla considered radio transmissions mere child's play.
Time and again he harks on the fact that engineers have greatly
misunderstood what it is he was really trying to do, and how he was
going to do it.

It is a shame that he was never allowed to give his ideas on power
transmission a full-scale test. As a result many people dismiss
his ideas on this subject as the futile ravings of a man who was
very smart about many things, but totally wrong about power
transmission.

Recently some scientists have been re-discovering
some of the bits and pieces of this particular puzzle. I believe
that in the end Tesla will be vindicated in his hunch that he had
discovered something of great utility and importance. I just
hope that he gets the proper credit for having discovered it all
first, at the turn of the last century...

Fr. Tom McGahee