[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Valhala fairground ride

On Thu, 18 May 2000 16:56:12 -0600, you wrote:

>Original Poster: "Steve" <Steve-at-g8cyerichmond.freeserve.co.uk>
>
>I'm not sure of the location of the ride, as I missed the intro. I do know
>that it's not yet open. It was described as being the scariest ride in the
>UK. It involves lots of water, real snow and a lot more besides, each area
>is separated by airlocks etc. The coil was only briefly described, but a
>million volts was mentioned. It was very difficult to judge due to camera
>angles and lighting etc as to what the configuration was.
>Steve
I think it was Blackpool. The coil secondary looked about 6" dia by
about 3 foot high, with a fairly small toroid on top. It wasn't
obvious how long the sparks were, but I don't think it was anything
too special. A voltage of 2 million was mentioned, but we all know how
meaningful such figures aren't...!