[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla's Wireless Power Transmission ==> was Re: Non-techQuestion

For those who want to read some other stuff that Tesla himself
wrote about his world wireless system, check out

http://members.aol-dot-com/buckscopal/tesla5.html

The above reference will take you to chapter 5 of Tesla's
autobiography, originally published in 1919 if I recall.
You can skip the first dozen or so paragraphs and go to where
he begins talking about his Magnifying Transmitter.

If you decide to go to the very beginning of the autobiography
you will see that the person who posted this copy of Tesla's autobiography
looks upon him as some kind of a demigod. Just ignore the hero
worshipping introduction. The autobiography speaks for itself.
I originally read this autobiography in 1964, and it looks like
the poster has kept the information within the book intact.

One note of caution: when Tesla speaks about his wireless system
he very explicitly is NOT referring to radio. I think a lot of
confusion has arisen due to the fact that "wireless" and "radio"
are synonomous in many people's minds. For Tesla "wireless" simply
means "without wires".

Fr. Tom McGahee