[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Problem with the coil.

Thanks for Your answers. To give you better viev of my coil I post
my wtl file.

Primary Transformer Output Voltage (VAC)
13000.0000
Primary Transformer Rated Current (AMP)
 0.1500
Primary Transformer Input Frequency (HZ)
50.0000
Primary Transformer Input Voltage (VAC)
220.0000
Primary Coil Inside Diameter (IN)
 6.7000
Primary Coil Wire Diameter (IN)
 0.1380
Primary Coil Wire Spacing (IN)
 0.5910
Primary Coil Number of Turns
 4.7000
Primary Coil Angle From Horizontal Plane (DEGREES)
 0.0000
Secondary Wire Diameter (IN)
 0.0254
Secondary Coil Total Outside Diameter (IN)
 3.9260
Length of Secondary Coil (IN)
19.6800
Secondary Wire Gauge
22.0000
Secondary Turns/Inch
39.8153
Top Load Capacitance (PF)
17.4731
Sphere Radius/Toroid Tube Diameter (IN)
 4.0000
Toroid Diameter Tube Center-to-Center (IN)
11.8000
Primary Transformer PFC Rating (%)
100.0000

> The matched cap is ~30nF, and you`d want a bigger one than that, so
> first I`d recommend you to series your caps to 47nF. This will allow
> you to use more turns on the primary, about 4 turns. This should work
> well.

I know that about 30nF would be the value that will cause resonant rise
of voltage (this allows to store more energy in the tank cap.), but this
method is stressful for transformer.
I thought the better way to store more energy in the capacitor is using
a rectifier (I have got one so it's not a problem or expense for me),and
a bigger capacitor (This method allows me to store as much energy as I
want,by using different values of capacitors). Is it a good way, and
what schould i change in my coil design to use this method?

> The secondary bottom turn should be around 25 mm above the primary to
> start with, for a good working coupling, you can always lower it later,
> when the coil is running better, watch for racing sparks, though.

My secondary starts at the same level what primary. It will be not easy
to change it,but of course I can do it if it's necessary.Is this very
important?

> How wide is your gap?
>
> I would start out with 2-3 mm spacing, not more, and find the best
> tuning point at that setting, then increase it untill the safety gaps
> fire. You have safety gaps?, if not, record the max. distance the gap
> will fire reliably, without the cap in the sircuit, and never exeed that
> width unless you want to blow your caps.
>
> You probably don`t want the airflow to be too harsh to start with,
> although this parameter is hard to describe with words.

How much depends coil performance from spark gap working. Is it possible
that my coil is not working because the spark gap is not built correct?
I ask , because at first I used only two thick rods , and than I built
air blown gap , but i havent seen any difference?

Kamil Kompa

Masz niepotrzebne rzeczy? Zamien je na gotowke, wystaw na aukcje
Bez oplat dla osob prywatnych i firm - www.interaukcja.pl