[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: CD's

I would NOT reccomend using a CD for a sec endcap :)

A CD is like an Oreo. It's a piece of Aluminum (the creamy center) with a
thin piece of plastic on either side.
They conduct rather well.

Geek Demo #18

Hook an NST in paralell with your tank cap. Then connect a test lead from
each leg of the NST to each side of a CD (preferably one you don't like, we
use AOL CDs :) ). Just clip the leads right to the CD on opposite sides.

Turn off the lights.

Power up the NST for about 1 full second. Be ready for a loud BANG!

You now have one blank CD, and some pixie dust.

Could it be possible to make a cap from a large stack of CDs? I have no idea
how you would connect the plates to wires, but it could be interesting as an
experiment.

Chris "you did WHAT to my Manilow collection?" Boden