[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Better Electrode Material

Hi Ryan,

An idea for you is possibly a solid brass round knob. I use these for my safety
gap across the spark gap. Most hardware stores sell them from 1 inch down to
about 1/2 inch spheres. Some are true spherical shaped and some are not.
However, they are solid brass and a hole in the back is tapped for a brass
screw. The brass screw it comes with should be sufficient, but you could always
get a longer one if needed. They sell for about $3 ea for the smaller ones and
about $7 for the larger 1 inch size. A note about the plating. You may want to
sand the plating down to get to the brass with fine sand paper then polish it a
bit.

Bart