[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Better bottle caps

Hi Michael.
                    I take it you mean the Nickel aerosol spray cans (pretty
expensive).
I've tried it. The conductivity is "so so".
I sprayed a beer bottle/salt water cap and it came out at .53 nf.
Using aluminium foil instead, I got .65 nf. There are a couple of other
downsides
to the stuff too.
a. The coating doesn't stick too well to glass. It tends to fall off in
large flakes.
b. It's quite delicate and if you are intending to place the bottle in a
foil-lined box,
the coating quickly rubs away around the edge of the bottom of the bottle.
c. The nozzles on the cans are VERY prone to clogging up (You get a spare
nozzle
with the can, so they know about this problem), and even shaking the can for
the
full specified two minutes, they STILL clog up very quickly and have to be
cleared
with a needle.
I've gone back to foil myself.
							Richard Barton
Original Poster: "Michael Cox" <95moc-at-kings-school.co.uk>

I came across a metallic spray in a catalogue ( I don't have the catalogue
here, so no specs at the moment) and thought it might be the perfect thing
to replace salt water in bottle caps. Just spray it into the bottles stick
you electrode into the top and away you go. Has anyone else come across
this stuff before, how good a conductor is it? I'm guessing its better than
salt solution. Has anyone got any comments on this,

cheers,

Mike