[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Cabinet

If I were you, i would try not to mount them onto the body of the cabinet.
Run a few wires and mount them along with variacs, volt meters etc. on a
wooden board
so you can adjust the coil from a safe distance.

Below text came from author of picture:

ES1:  This is a partial picture of my control "board".

http://users.better-dot-org/tfritz/site/misc/es1.jpg

<<< The Tesla list cannot send file attachments but I posted Justin's pic
at my site above - Terry >>>

Lower left is two variacs which I run in series to control the speed of the
rotary gap motor.  One is set to limit the maximum rpm and the other is used
to bring the speed up slowly.  Above these are the 60 cycle supple lines
going out to the coil.  One is for the rotary gap motor, the other is for
the
fan motors on the rotary and the static gap used in series.

The heavy powerstat variac is in the center bottom - used to contro the
voltage to the pole pig.  Above that is the ammeter and voltmeter to monitor
the pole pig primary.  Above that you can see the primary feed lines going
the pole pig.

To the right, are the 60 cycle line filters and some home made toroid
filters
used in series with the 60 cylce ground connection.

Upper right is the plug for the welder (used to limit pole pig primary
current) and the plug for the resistive bank (oven elements) used in
parallel
with the welder primary also to control the pole pig primary current.