[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Optimal toroid elevation

Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> on 25.05.2000 03:14:56

To:   tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
cc:    (bcc: Marco Denicolai/MARTIS)
Subject:  Re: Optimal toroid elevation

Hi Bart.

>Original Poster: "Barton B. Anderson" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

>I have a question here regarding the corona ring. Does it get connected with
>the toroid or just sit in the field?

In my understanding it must be connected: that is also the solution used in a
100 kV DC generator used at the university.

>Marco, you may want to consider making the toroid movable up and down. Malcolm
>posted in a reply this week about fine tuning the resonator simply by raising
>or lowering the toroid. Makes a lot of sense to me.

Ok, but the toroid is going to be at about 3 meters from ground, while the
primary is at 0.5 meters. Isn't it easier to operate on the primary tap?

Regards