[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Better bottle caps

What I was thinking of doing was knocking up the caps with foil outer for
toughness and a sprayed inner to get in all the cracks. They should be
quite a bit lighter than the salt solution ones and easier to move around,
you don't have to worry about spillages :) Also the idea of etching the
inside with hot conc. NaOH sounds fun to get a good surface. I might
experiment and see how they measure up agains the straight salt
soulution/foil types.

Bye the way rick, did you compare the capacitance for your solid, iron
fillings against, salt caps? Were they any better?

Cheers

mike