[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Optimal toroid elevation

Marco,

> By the way, have you ever experienced metal bolts and nuts (e.g. for the
> mounting of the primary) getting warm during runs? Is that really an
issue?

Only on coils above 10kVA and the effect can be significant. In the vicinity
of the primary one should only use brass, copper or silicon bronze
fasteners. Breaking my own rule, I used #10-32 stainless steel bolts to
secure my primary holders into their support brackets. They get warm.
Not enough to make any difference in output but enough for me to plan their
replacement (I'll go to nylon as I don't need the strength of metal in this
particular location).

Jeff...