[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

coil probs... please help...

well, I'm having some problems with my coil... here's the specs...
everything seems within acceptable levels... i just can't get anything to
come out of the secondary, not even to a ground rod

120V 60hz in, 15KV 30ma out on the transformer
variable static spark gap....  can get loads of nice white sparks with no
trouble... so I know the primary circuit is going good
2 salt water caps... these have 24 bottles in each... I haven't measured the
caps so I don't know their ratings... I'm a little short on money... but I'm
guessing their close to what I need
8.75 loops of 3/8 inch copper pipe, spaced at 1/2 inch with an 8 inch center
coil for the primary
14awg coiled around 4.5 inch PVC, 24 inches high for the secondary
wire running from bottom of coil to a piece of rebar driven about 3-4 feet
into the ground... the ground around here is mostly Texas stone... which
might be a major problem

I've experimented with several top loads... both are made from aluminum
dryer ducting... one is about 12 inch outside diameter... the second is
about 2 foot outer diameter... I've tried each one and combining the two...
i also played with the tuning on all three settings... no luck

am i doing something seriously wrong or am i just way of in my tuning or
something like that... i would appreciate any help that any of you would
have

thanks,
Kelly