[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Formula for true self capacity of a coil.

Hi John,
               If you are asking about the small set of measurements I
took recently, I cannot give a figure for the error. Take them as
being indicative and no more. Isolation was not the best and intrinsic
C measurements could not even be taken (thanks to 70+kW of RF
blasting out from some nearby AM antennas). As I have now said
several times, I will be seeking a large room here in a semester
break when the computers are switched off etc. etc. to get some
*real* measurements. I did this once before about four years ago
and was measuring coil frequencies and Q's approaching 500 with
minimal interference and what I consider to be good accuracy.

Regards,
Malcolm