[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: topload raise distance ?

Hi Jeroen,

I will second Terry's guestimate here. Last week during some frequency
measurements with raised and lowered top loads, I had to keep the system at low
power to prevent breakout. During the tests when the top load was set high
above the secondary, if I put a little too much power into the coil, the top of
the secondary winding was prone to arcing. The 1/4 O.D. of toroid actually
sounds very reasonable (if you get arcing or lots of corona at the top, just
lower it a bit).

Bart