Re: Anecdotal Tesla Story?

At 04:56 PM 31/10/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Original poster: "Ted Rosenberg" <Ted.Rosenberg-at-radioshack-dot-com>
>
>Years ago, I remember hearing something about Mark Twain visiting the
>laboratory of Nicola Tesla. Tesla showed Twain a small platform and told
>him to step onto it.  Twain did so, and later wrote that the feeling he
>experienced while standing on it was more delicious than anything he had
>ever felt in his whole life.  "Don't stay there too long, or you'll regret
>it!" said Tesla.  Twain paid no attention and insisted on remaining on the
>platform enjoying the wonderful, exotic sensation.  Suddenly, a look of
>panic came across Twain' s face.  Rushing from the platform he yelled
>"Where the hell is the washroom?" and he sped out of the lab, heading for
>the nearest available toilet.  Apparently, the device somehow sped up the
>natural peristalsis of the intestines and anyone spending too much time
>standing on the seemingly innocuous little platform would experience a
>loss of control of their bowels!  Tesla was one of the most fascinating
>geniuses of modern time.  Does anyone know anything about this mysterious
>platform that so enthralled Samuel Clemens?

I think it was the same mechanical vibrator device that he almost shook
his lab down with.  Tesla's work wasn't just limited to resonances at
radio frequencies, but at much lower sonic and seismic frequencies
as well.  I recall reading in one book of him having to take an axe to
the unit before it shook down a whole city block.  If it could do that,
it could certainly loosen ones bowels!

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+
E-mail:    weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca