RE: Tungsten

Jason:
Brass is cheap but as you have learned, it 'goes away" quickly.
That is why so many who use an SRSG install 2% thoriated tunsten welding
rods.
Most welding supply shops stock rods about 7" long and up to 5/32 diameter.
1/8" rods sell for $5.95 each here in Ft Worth (Riteweld Supplies).

However, diameters up to 3/8 can be special ordered although I do not know
the price. Once you get the rods you'll have to look into a method of
cutting to the desired length. I have a Dremel Diamond Cutting Wheel
($21.00) on order.

If you discover another route, please feel free to share with us all.

Safety First

Ted

Subject: Tungsten

Original poster: "Jason Johnson" <hvjjohnson13-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Does anyone know where I can get some cheap 1/4" tungsten, or tungsten
carbide
rod? Or if anyone has some, could they sell me two 2 1/2" long chunks (I'll
pay
shipping of course). My spark gap is eating brass threaded rod, and while
this
works well I have to take out the electrodes and grind them down every so
often, which is a pain. Also I plan on running more power through it and I
don't think that the brass will survive.

Jason Johnson