RE: Tungsten

SNIP from Finn Hammer

> It doesn`t take more than a couple of minutes, to cut a 5/16" rod of
>  2%thorium/tungsten with an ordinary hacksaw,

SNIP from John Freau
Finn, all,

I wonder how healthy it is to breathe the thorium dust?  I guess
you use a respirator and do the work outside, and throw out the
respirator afterwards?  Or am I over-concerned about the
radioactive dust?

Reply from Ted:

John: I plan to cut the stuff outdoors on a windy day and share the dust
with my fellow Texans. But as for discarding the respirator...I doubt it.
The dust is not plutonium and I don't plan to be on top of it. And while I
take the dangers of coiling very seriously indeed, this part I might be
somewhat more casual about.

I wouldn't plate silver because of Potassium Cyanide!

Is there a doctor in the audience?

Ted Rosenberg