Re: Bleeder resistors for my caps

Hi Tom,

You can string together 10Meg ohm 1/2 watt carbon film resistors like
DigiKey's# 10MH-ND .  They take about 2kV each so a string of 5 per each
cap should be good.

Do note that 10kVDC caps are only good to 7kVAC.

"I" would be tempted to also put seven 1800 volt MOVs across each cap to
protect them from over voltage, but I don't know of anyone ever doing that.

Cheers,

	Terry