Re: A cardboard tube by any other name would work the same.

In a message dated 11/5/00 8:46:25 AM Pacific Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<< Original poster: "Albert Hassick" <uncadoc-at-juno-dot-com>

 Hi  David.  Good to hear from a cardboard tube user.  What kind of sparks
 did you get from your cardboard tube?  >>

Hi Al,

My "Medusa" Tesla system is driven by a 10 kVA, 14400 volt pole
pig and I use a 12" Quiktube for the secondary form. It is wound with
~660 turns of # 16 formvar magnet wire and is topped with an 8" X 33"
aluminum dryer duct toroid. I get beautiful white-hot 8 to 10 ft sparks
which fill my puny little shop in short order at about 75% of full power.

<<<< And would you use a cardboard form
again?  AL. >>>

You bet I would and it is probably the only route that I would use in
building a large diameter coil. Very cost effective.

Keeping 'em Sparkin' in Memphis,
David Rieben