Re: safety mindset can save the day

Garry, all,

I agree that overconfidence is a bad thing.  I believe that it's possible
to believe that one will not get hurt, yet to not be overconfident, at the
same time.  This is the type of safety attitude that I have.  I believe
that I will not get hurt, yet I am not overconfident.  I am always
aware of the terrible dangers.  Being under-confident is not good
either..... where one feels that surely one is incompetent, and about
to be injured due to one's failing ways.  Truly there are subtle
distinctions here.

I am confident that I will follow the safety rules, and stay out
of harms way that way.  Freak accidents occur sometimes, but
even these can sometimes be anticipated if one has the proper
safety minded attitude.  A safety minded attitude becomes a way
of life in the land of Tesla if one nourishes this essential mind-set.

Part of staying safe involves reining in over-exuberant spontaneous
actions which are performed without thought.  What I mean is that
sometimes a person can get excited or impatient as their coil first
spews forth giant sparks (or is about to), and temporarily go
on "auto-pilot", and perhaps make a dangerous move, which would
not be made in a time of a more subdued mental state.

But enough of my musings.... onward with the sparks !!!!!!

John Freau