Re: AC Split phase motor????

In a message dated 11/11/00 8:44:18 AM Pacific Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

<< David,

 Was your's the case where the spark went though the vent hole
 in the motor and hit the windings?  I know that happened to someone,
 but I figure that's a rare case.

Hi John,

No, it did not go thru a vent hole and I, like you, can't really understand
why it completely died from a  strike to the grounded frame, but it sure
did. I probably would have had trouble believing it too, if I hadn't witnessed
it myself. I didn't try to take it apart to see what was wrong internally, I
just figured it was messed up.

Take Care,
David Rieben