Re: AC Split phase motor????

In a message dated 11/11/00 2:43:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> Hi John,
>
>  No, it did not go thru a vent hole and I, like you, can't really understand
>  why it completely died from a  strike to the grounded frame, but it sure
>  did. I probably would have had trouble believing it too, if I hadn't
> witnessed
>  it myself. I didn't try to take it apart to see what was wrong internally,
>  just figured it was messed up.
>
>  Take Care,
>  David Rieben

David,

Thanks for the clarification.  Well obviously HV can do some strange
things.  Just for the record, I've had spark gap arcs jump from my
electrodes to the grounded motor casing many times, and I've had
no motor failures yet.

Regards,
John Freau