Re: open circuited NST's, was ICE vs Water/dielectric comparison

In a message dated 11/11/00 8:43:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

Ralph,

I don't know of any special test, but I have also seen NST's that check
out OK on the bench, but fail to give sparks in a coil.  I've resorted
to testing NST's in an actual coil.  Yes, I attribute it to tar breakdown
when running in the actual coil.

John Freau