Re: MMC Cap choice

Neil, All,

  Those axial-leaded caps, according to the voltage/frequency graph
 between the price list and the glowing description, are not rated
 for Tesla coil frequencies.

  The AC rating (450VAC) stays the same through 10KHz, but drops
 steadily from there to 90VAC at 100KHz. Not a good thing at all!

(Note to List: To see the cap data Neil's link referred to, go to

    http://rswww-dot-com

 select 'RS Stock No.' in the upper box of their search widget,
 enter '114-474' in the lower box, and press the 'Go' button )

  Steve Copeland

--- from Tesla List ---