Re: bps and spark growth, was Superior Power Supply

Hi John,

 Greg Leyh's large old coil needed a higher
> bps to give
> best (28 foot) sparks.  I think he used something
> around 350 bps.
> When he ran his coil at 120 bps, the sparks did not
> coalesce and
> grow, rather they just gave a bunch of little sparks
> all around the
> toroid, what is often called the gas burner effect.
-----
Interesting.
Do you know if the power level was the same in both
cases?
Before  top toroid change , it had smaller,rough
surface one on the secondary.
Adjanced toroid is much bigger today.The effect still
takes place at 120 BPS?
Every TC pro will tell you that 120 BPS and large bang
sizes used on systems with enough big top loads give
very fine arc lenght results.

Regards,
Boris