Re: Magnet wire source?

Two good sources I've found are solenoids and degaussing
coils from computer monitors.  I built one secodary that is
3 x 16 from salvaged wire.  Half was from a solenoid winding
and the other half was from a degaussing coil.  It worked
well and the solder joint didn't seem to affect it.  To join
the two wires, I wound until I ran out of wire, then put a
dab of CA glue at the end, leaving about 1/4" sticking out.
I then butted the second wire up against the first one and
CA glued it in place as well and continued winding.  I
didn't strip and of the varnish off of the wire, but just
placed a small blub of solder at the joint after applying
flux.  It worked great and the joint is almost unnoticable.
I made another 4 x 20 secondary out of three pieces of wire,
but haven't tested it yet.

Hans