Re: arrgh! ignition coil failure!

It's a bit strange cos they work to give about one or two sparks during the
instant it is turned on, whether with the dimmer or with a normal switch
(that's without the tesla coil attatched).  What I think could be the problem
is that the ignition coils may have an internal smoothing capacitor, and that
could have blown.  Hopefully on tuesday I should be getting an NST so it
won't matter, but I'd like to know what's gone wrong :)

Thanks,
      Henry