Re: Inquiry

Hi Zhao,

> Original poster: "Zhao" <info-at-chinandt-dot-com>
>
> Hi,
> I'm new to the list. Most friends suggestion I put
> my question on it for
> answering.
> A]Why we don't use flyback transformer other than
> Tesla coil to produce
> HV  ? It seems to has more efficienct  as the front
> is made of  ferric
> coild.

TV flyback transformer cores are too small to handle
much power.  They saturate too easy.  The air core
Tesla coil is immune to saturation, allowing it to run
at very high power.  Perhaps if you used a bigger
ferrite core, you might be able to wind a bigger
flyback, but it still won't be in the same league with
a spark excited Tesla coil.  Marco Denicolai is using
some big Phillips brand cores in his HV switching
power supply, and they seem to work fine.  I bet they
cost a lot though.

> B] What is the newer development to wounding a
> flyback?

Except for Marco, I'm not aware of anyone on the list
working with high powered ferrite transformers.  Wish
I could be more help.

> C] What shall I pay attention to wounding a more
> power flyback?
> Look forward to your helping.
>
> Zhao

Best Regards,