Re: A couple cruddy coil pics

Mike,

Nice observation. I took another look at the image, saved it to disk, then
changed the gamma to 1.8. The rings were then clearly visible and kind of
tinted
blue? This is a similar design that Robert Stevens' has used. If I remember
correctly, these type of disks are used to increase surface creep distance
between top potential and ground along the secondary's length. But "cool" is
another likely candidate. It will be interesting to hear if the disks were used
to correct a problem.

Bart