Capacitor Question

Hi Terry and fellow coilers,

This question is for all you 'seasoned coilers' out there. I have a new idea
for a rolled poly cap, and I wanted to test it to destruction to see if my
calculations for rating are correct and to see how much abuse it would take.
The question is: What would be the best way to set up a circuit to test this
cap using a 15/60 transformer?  I plan on using a variac to control power
and a HV probe to monitor input to the cap. How many spark gaps should I
use? I assume some sort of protection filter circuit would be in order to
save the transformer.
Thank you for your help.