Re: Salient Pole Modification

Hi,
thank you John and David for your replies to my append.
My motor is 220V, 450W, single phase 2870/min. I finally have finished
the work on it now. The rotor is about 2.3 inches diameter and I
made about 0.78 inches flats as a start. And it works!!
For measurement, I put some aluminium self adhesive on the disk and
built a sensor for reflection with an LED and and LDR. On my scope
I can see the 220V on one channel and the pulses from the sensor
on the other. They stay locked. The only thing I found is, that I cannot
determine, if the peak will be at the positive or the negative peak of
the sine wave after restarting the motor, i.e. it alters exactly 180 degrees
from start to start.
That's no problem at all, as the SRSG will fire at both positions.
It's just an interesting effect and I wonder, if this would be eliminated
if I increased the size of the flats. Of course I will not do that, it would
just be a waste of torque. Currently it stays in phase even if I try
to brake it with my fingers.
So that's just a question of interest.
Thank you very much,
Herbert