Re: I'm Sold on MMCs and RSGs! - Pics

Hi Andy,

<snip>

> is that of the SRSG not lining up correctly on each run.  Some
> times it runs excellently, and sometimes it is downright pathetic!

<snip>

Andy,

 I assume that you have cut four flats into the armature of your motor as
it's a 1200
rpm unit. You mentioned 6 electrodes on your disk and this is where your
problem is. I
had ten electrodes on my disk and it either performed great, or crap
depending on
where the motor synced. What I mean by this is that the motor must sync
according to
the position of the flats on the armature, but with a 1200rpm motor it can
sync in one
of two positions 90 degrees apart. if you align your disk electrodes with your
stationary electrodes, (position 3 o'clock), then look at your disk at the
twelve
o'clock position - no electrode. This took me a while to figure out.
Doh!!
Now I run an eight electrode disk which allows the motor to sync and there
will always
be an electrode presentation when there should be no matter at which 90 deg
point the
motor syncs at.

 I hope this is making sense.

 Best Regards