Re: An inexpensive X-ray machine

> Original poster: "9737502 9737502" <9737502-at-student.ul.ie>

> to power the machine. It was refered to as an oudin coil. Does anyone know
> anything about this type of coil.

The Oudin Coil is just a "standard" Tesla Coil with the inner most turn (or
bottom turn on a helical primary) of the primary connected to the bottom
turn of the secondary and both connected to ground. All Oudin coils that I
have seen have a cone shaped secondary. I believe that its to reduce primary
to secondary arcs. Here is a good website for more information...
http://www.physics.gla.ac.uk/~kskeldon/PubSci/exhibits/E8/
 Hope this helps.

Andrew