Capacitors: ..?

Hello again.

Firstly, thanks for your quick responses to my first question, it was a
great help!

With caps, i seem to be going toward the MMC flavour- the only thing I'm
uncertain on is the type; eg, how may uf/mf etc. Using WinTesla, it matches
your transformer to your caps. If it suggests say .5 mf, [or whatever] how
do I actually make these, eg what rating? [I'm sure I could work it out if
i tried :) ]
It just seems that everyone stresses the importance of caps, but all use
many different ratings for what seem to be similar types of caps...

Thanks again
Simon