Re: ugly secondarys

I don't know about yours being the ugliest. I live in Baton Rouge, Lousiana
and the heat and humidity has almost destroyed my secondary. I coated it
with shellac, and it turned an orangish brown. I then coated it over with
epoxy because the shellac wouldn't coat thick enough and i wanted it to be
strong. The heat caused bubbles to form in the secondary coating, so it
started cracking and flaking off. There are a few huge bulges in it and the
PVC is yellow, because although the label says shellac dries clear, it
doesn't. Fortunately, it works just the same, so it wasn't a big waste of
time spending winding the whole thing by hand (1700+turns) and putting 15
billions coats on.