Re: flashover

David Trimmell wrote to the list:
> You are using a pointed discharge terminal?

David,

Yes, I'm using a discharge pin protruding 20 mm horizontally from
the 1" x 5" toroid. The clearance between the uppermost turn of the
secondary and the toroid is 20 mm. I had to use the toroid instead
of a 2" dia sphere because of heavy corona (having burnt the PP
coil form already) from the originally added space wound turns
which I've removed in the meantime.

> 10 KV DC, what size filter cap are you using?
- Cornel Dubilier 10 kV/15 µF

> Got some deadly joules there.
- I know. And the big 3 phase tranni from the russian mobile radar
wants to bite as well  ;-)

Regards,

Herwig