Re: MOT

Yes, it will fry, to say the least!  That third winding usually provides about
2-3 volts for the maggie filament.  The transformer will not be able to
withstand the ~15 kV or so that theoretically you might get with that approach,
in fact the MOT will not withstand more than 4 kV even with careful precautions
and added insulation.  But you won't even get this far, because the fil.
winding simply can't take the current (tens of amps) you would be putting
through it even with no load at the secondary.

-Carl

-at-
Sent by: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
10/07/2000 12:06 PM CST