stacked primary \ winding direction

Hi guys

I've just finished building a stacked primary which changes direction of
winding at the point where the Cu tube passes through the 10mm MDF
mounting board such that the coils on each side of the board are mirror
images of each other. Bob Golding's post (below) would seem to indicate
that I am reducing the effective inductance by this method.

Could list members confirm or deny this (not that I don't believe you
Bob, just that i don't understand why...) and explain to me why this
is.  I can kind of see why it might be from a logical point of view -
oppposite winding directions cancelling inductance, but does this hold
electrically?

BTW I've finished building a sync RSG with copper tungsten electrodes
which is quenched after firing with compressed air. I hope to be able to
show it at Cambridge. If any UK guys going to cambridge want to sell me
a solid TC transformer, bring it along and lets haggle!

cheers

steve crawshaw

--
Reach me by ICQ. My ICQ# is 27867352 or,
* Page me online through my Personal Communication Center: