Re: Big Capacitor?

Maxwell (I think) makes a 2.5kF cap rated around 87V for backup purposes.

I distinctly remember from my physics 2 course (one of the only things I
remember from that class, actually), is that a standard parallel plate cap
1F in
value will have an approximate physical size of 10,000 sq meters spaced .001 m
apart.  The properties of electolytics make a large value possible in a small
container, so a 1F cap at 50V is actually much smaller.

Mark