Re: Big Capacitor?

Those huge caps, though, have very limited high frequency (meaning kHz in
this case) response.  At some level, the line between electrolytic cap and
rechargeable battery gets fuzzy.  A run of the mill car battery is 12V -at- 60
Ah =720 Wh  (about 1 HP/hr, btw), or just under 260 kJoule.. that's about
13 kJ/kg (figuring 20 kg mass).  Compare that to a 70's energy discharge
cap of 5 kJ in a 50 kg can...  Of course, the energy discharge cap can dump
the energy in a few microseconds, it takes 20 hours to get the rated energy
out of the car battery...