NE Ohio Teslathon/ 3 phase demonstration.

Most households dont have the following items in
order, neither a 3 phase power supply nor a home
alternator to give that possibility. Since I have the
second option I have been mulling over in my mind what
kind of demo to give with this machine to show what
may be overlooked. The machine operates at 360 hz, but
only 25 volts output per phase, but also enabling a 6
fold increase of a coils systems q in comparison to 60
hz. Using a .15 Henry 12 ohm load in series resonance
from 360 hz  on each of the isolated phases can then
produce 2 amps current conduction  on each phase which
can be measured. Then I will make the somewhat
implausible connection of a WYE inserted short across
the midpoints of all 3 series resonances, which are
made in order and not mirror image or opposite.

Before I start hearing all the "Know it all" responces
which are conspicuously abscent concerning 3 phase,
and the assertion that what I have described is only a
typical wye circuit configuration, I would first ask
several simple questions which I dont claim to know
the answer to. But perhaps unlike others I have a
better guess from likewise explorations of the BRS
idea. The first of these questions and answers seem
easy, but they may not be.

The first question is what will happen when the WYE is
placed as a short on the isolated 3 phases each
powering a series resonance? The astute electrical
engineer might start running for a textbook definition
of that circuit which schematically represents
something like a wye within a delta. When these
redrawn lines are analysed, it now appears with a
circuit showing not one possibility but two as current
paths. The interior current path shows 3 tank circuits
arranged in wye, the outer path still shows the same 3
ordered series resonances in delta. Thus it is not
specifically delta or wye but both probabilities
placed in parallel. Now because the coil systems each
have a q of 28 at 360 hz, when the coil system is in
series resonance it has an internally generated
voltage rise that can be taken from its midpoint and
interacted with another series resonant midpoint. In
the BRS that other midpoint is 180 phased but in the 3
phase analogy the same midpoint interaction can be
distributed as arcing between the three midpoints, for
a 3 phase high frequency adaptation of the BRS
principle, of interacting series resonances at their
midpoint paths between circuits. Using this idea the
worlds first truly 3 phase tesla coil system can be
made using three secondaries passing the arc in a
bipolar disharge of arcs each appearing in relative
timing to produce the illusion of an arc in torroidal
formation chasing itself in a triangular ring of fire.
I have placed a preliminary letter concerning this
matter to Marc Metlica at the messageboard in latest
entry. But I have got far ahead here past the
preliminary concepts, which are namely what will occur
if this WYE exists as a short with no triple arc gap?

My initial prediction may be wrong but I predict that
the circuit will only obey the tank configuration, and
not the series resonant option. This is because thats
what the BRS does in analogy, it has an exterior
pathway option of series resonances, and an interior
pathway option of parallel resonance, and it always
chooses the tank circuit path, even though that path
is q squared more impedance. But in that analogy the
center path is unity which does not apply in 3 phase
because of 120 phase angles, and sharing of phases
from both sides of that midpoint path. But if the same
situation were to occur as does in a BRS we could
conclude that the amperage input will go down 28*28
fold on each branch with insertion of the WYE as a
short within the delta configuration of ordered series
resonances. This means the 2 Amp input will be reduced
784 times to a mere 2.5 ma!  So there's my predicted
result, which obviously might be in error to the real
world results, but these will be seen on testing,
which is not yet made.

In other matters related to three phase the following
question with easier answers is sought. Given that
three isolated phases are made to power isolated
equal impedance loads,from an AC alternator with
independently isolated phases as that input:if the
corners of those input phases are connected this must
now be equivalent to the delta configuration. Doesnt
the corresponding voltage arrived at by delta
configuration have to be below what would be delivered
if the phases were isolated? There is some confusion
there in regard to how the line voltage is said to be
30 degreees off the phase voltage in delta
configuration? If this is true then the idea of using
isolated phases must have some merit after all, since
using them independently would deliver a higher
voltage to each phase?

Sincerely
Harvey D Norris
Host of NE Ohio Teslathon Sept 16, 2000