Re: Vortex gap loss measurements

Bert:

Excellent call to Morecroft (Terman the RF guru of
Stanford defers to his(Morecroft on Spark Telegraphy)
mastery of this subject that's how I discovered the
book) and excellent summary too. Excellent points
(gems)you brought up too:

1. The first current peak is responsible for burning
open the channel and determines its resultant
resistance.

2. Gap resistance is fairly stable for the remainder
of the decrement.

Thanks,

Dan

http://people.ne.mediaone-dot-net/lau/tesla/vortexgap.htm