Re: is this tube good for a VTTC?

Hi, Kevin. That tube will be fine for a VTTC. Originally I was
considering it over using 811As for my first tube coil, but, the 811As
are cheaper ;-)

I'm pretty sure that the tube coil featured in Brent Turner's book:
"Tesla Coils: How They Work and How They are Built" (I think that is the
title :-\ ) uses a pair of 572B's. He gets an 8" discharge from the
pair, but, I don't think he made any fine adjustments to grid voltage or
current, coupling, etc.

-Grayson Dietrich

On Sat, 02 Sep 2000 06:44:31 -0600 "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
writes:
> Original poster: "Kevin D" <teslacoilfreak1-at-mediaone-dot-net>
>
> Hi,
> I was wondering if a Svetlana 572B "High-Mu Triode"
> could be used in a VTTC circuit?
>
> Here are its basic specs: (intermittant commercial and ameteur
> service-linear RF power amp. class B grounded
> grid max. raitings)
>
> Amplification factor: 170
> DC plate V: 2,750V
> DC plate I:  275mA
> DC plate input: 600W
> DC grid I: 50mA
> plate dissipation: 160W
>
> Also does anyone know were I might find a schematic that
> uses this tube or similar tube and if not would I be able to use a
> 833A type
> circuit???
>
> Thanks For Any Help!!
> Kevin D.