Re: form for secondary

I think it may have something to do with the coloration fillers that are
used in the plastic.  It makes it more prone to carbon tracking.  I think
they may use some petroleum based carbon colorant and that would increase
the risk of carbon tracking.
Similar to 'lamp black' , which is nothing but carbon.  I used a 4" abs
pipe coupling for my multiple fan forced spark gap and it works great so
far, even after a sustained 60 minute run.  I used it because I had it
laying around, and maybe I got lucky, only time will tell. But I would be
leary of spending a lot of time, money, and energy winding a secondary on
this type of pipe.  But if you insist, why not try it.  Remember, the
pipe comes cheap, but the wire, polyurethane or epoxy/fiberglass coatings
and your time do not.  Just my opinion.   Al