More Ballasting this Danged Transformer :)

	Alright, we've decided to power the pole pig using the 3-phase dryer
outlet.  That's only a mere 10 feet or so to the driveway. (Less extension
cord = better) Plus, we don't have to make any "uncertified" housewiring
modifications, and the dryer is on a 40A dedicated circuit.  So far we're
in good shape.  As for ballasting, we plan on splicing another 3-phase
recepticle into the extension cord, and wiring it up all *crazy* like so
that if we plugged an arc welder into that 3-phase recepticle, it wouldn't
be parallel, but would instead be in series with the transformer.  (We are
only using the two opposing conductors in the 3-phase system.)
	Now, everyone on the list thus far has told me that the readings on the
arc welder will bear no relation to the actual amount of current being fed
to the transformer.  I understand that, because the markings on the welder
were made assuming that you were going to be using the primary coil of the
welder in relation to the secondary.  But, is there not some way to at
least closely estimate the actual amount of current?  For instance, the
lowest current setting on the arc welder reads "80 Amps".  80 Amps is
obviously too much, but that's also assuming 80 Amps at the 80 Volts coming
out of the secondary leads of the welder.  At that setting, what amount of
current would the welder actually be consuming from a 240v input?

	Ryan Ries