Re:Re: Caps Question:

Thanks Terry!  It sounds as if you have tried the doorknob caps and
traded them in so to speak for the mmc's.  What would be your principle
reason for using the mmc's?  Better spark?  More Spark?  Why did you stop
using the doorknobs?  It sounds like you are on to something that I have
yet to get a grasp on, even with my previously bad experience with the
mmc's.  Maybe I used the wrong types of caps and expected too much from
them.  Will your mmc's take a sustained run?  There is not much more time
to Halloween, and I need something good for a new fourth coil I am
building. I need two good coils running simultaneously and cannot find
any more 'good,cheap' doorknobs to fit my budget. I would need a minimum
of 30 more ganged in series for my 4th coil.   That is why I wonder if I
could use my existing 40kv doorknobs singly, so I could split up my
supply of them.  They are 'new' caps and cost $25  each.  I have 30 of
them.   Do you think that maybe that is why they cost so little and have
no coherent A.C./D.C. markings?   Possibly seconds or fallouts?    They
do work very well in series, but I am scared to try them singly unless I
can somehow find if they are 40kv A.C. rated.  Although I may never
really know.       Al