From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Monday, September 04, 2000 11:40 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re^2: Vortex gap loss measurements

Original poster: "Andreas Marshall" <marand-at-t-online.de>

I am working on a simple method to get at least a
qualitative method to find losses in L, C, spark gap,
energy transfer to the secondary etc.
Give me one or two weeks to find equations and build
a test facility.

To your question:
Nearly right, but on the other hand:
Voltage drop is current multiplied by resistance.
resistance is !!not!! constant, neither time-invariant.
On the other hand, a spark gap in pulse duty does not
have the property to keep voltage drop constant.
Within one gap bang, current rises, charge carrier were
created, electrodes got heated, ions were wandering
through space...

Hope I can say more after having tested this matter a bit.

Greetings

Andreas