Re:Re: Caps Question:

Hi All,

	I was involved in the development of MMCs so all my research effort went
into that direction.  The doorknobs caps are still alive and well.  I still
use MMCs since they are so easy to adjust and I now have a number of coils
that require tight value caps.

	I run all my caps really hard in an effort to prove out MMC designs.  I go
over voltage and over current as standard practice.  However, it is easy to
conservatively design them too.  Much information is at:

http://users.better-dot-org/tfritz/site/MMCinfo/MMC.html
http://users.better-dot-org/tfritz/site/MMCinfo/MMCPower4.html

I can't say too much or your doorknobs.  If they are unmarked, they could
be anything...  All I can suggest is to try them and see if they blow up
which is not a great option...

Cheers,

	Terry