From: Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2000 6:15 PM
Subject: Re: "human" topload

> Original poster: "Jeff W. Parisse" <jparisse-at-teslacoil-dot-com>
>
> Michael,
>
> > I'd like to try
> > tuning a coil to my body's resonant frequency, just for kicks...
> > Although, I do not reccommend anyone else try it.
>
> You'd risk you life "just for kicks"? Wow...

No, I won't be risking my life just for kicks... I'm not just going to hop
on an eggcrate and hook up a gator clip from my torroid to my glasses. I
plan on making a well insulated, and sturdy, platform to stand on as well as
a faraday suit whixh covers all but my eyes and mouth (kinda like a wetsuit
with a skimask on top).
And when operating, I'll have my assistant's hand hovering over a really
sensitive cut off switch just in case something goes wrong (ie unanticipated
heat build-up inside suit, racing arcs on secondary, etc...)

> > I've taken some pretty big arcs, and I feel I'm ready to move
> > on to some bigger and better demos.
>
> The fact that you "taken some pretty big arcs" implies that
> you don't employ significant safety measures. Just because
> you haven't been killed yet doesn't mean the next "big arc"
> doesn't have your name on it.

I should have been more clear here, What I meant was, I've 'intentionally'
taken some pretty big arcs while wearing a grounded safety harness.
(aluminum gloves wired down my arms and back to ground.  I have taken some
pretty big arcs without a safety harness as well. However, I wouldn't have
done it if I wasn't absolutly sure it was safe. A friend of mine has been
taking arcs up to 5 feet long for many years now, and after he showed me in
person, I was thoroughly convinced it was ~ok~... As specially since he is
around 60 or so, but that's just a guess.
The only truely safe way to "take arcs" is to hold a big ol' ground rod as
far away from your self as possible and towards the coil of course.

> > Safe coiling,
>
> An ironic statement if there ever was one.
>
> Please don't connect yourself to your coil.
>
> Jeff Parisse
> www.teslacoil-dot-com

Thanks for your concern, but that's why we're all here. To ensure that our
list members don't kill themselves.
I promise not to do anything stupid...
At least not anything dangerous ;)...

Once again, Safe Coiling,