[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: ~44kV primary tests
In a message dated 9/9/00 12:15:51 PM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> BTW, what type of adjustment was required on the SRSG?
I didn't need to adjust the SRSG phase at all it seems, although
I did wind up placing it in a new position, but it didn't help the spark
length from the original position.
To stop the arc-overs at the higher voltage, I had to unscrew the
spinning electrodes some, so that they protruded more from the
rotor. This was because of the unusual design of this sync gap,
which had been modified a number of times from previous designs
including a 12 point series quenching design, and an unequally
spaced electrode design. There is an aluminum band that runs
all around the edge of the disc. This band is held in place by
a number of pan head screws, and the higher voltage was
enough to jump to these pan head screws, from the fixed